When removing ordinary leaves and dirt it is usually not necessary to pressure wash your shingle roof because it could damage your shingle’s coating of protective grit. To just remove the ordinary leaves and dirt you would use a light rinse with your garden hose. You will need to use pressure roof cleaning if you have a roof that has grown mold, moss, or algae. Any of these three can become so vigorous that they can damage your roof. If you do not pressure wash them off then the other choices would be to use herbicidal chemicals or scraping them off which can be destructive to the shingles. The safest way would be to use pressure roof cleaning. You need to make sure that you use the least force possible to pry the mold, algae, or moss free and then wash it from your roof.Feel free to find more information at Pressure washing monroe nj.
When doing a roof pressure wash you want to make sure that you are doing it safely by wearing gloves, the proper clothes, including the right shoes and protection for your eyes. If you have never used a power washer before you should test the pressure on the side of the house at the bottom so you can use to the feel of the force of the jet spray in your hands before you climb on a ladder and use it on your roof.
Make sure that you are not using bleach in your power washer because it can damage it. There is also the back spray from the power washer that would on your skin and burn. You will need to use some type of cleanser to make sure that you get all the moss, algae, or mold off so look for a safer cleaner that is environmentally safe to use. You will need to use a cleaner compound to remove black mold and plain water for green mold.
To make sure that you are not only doing the pressure roof cleaning safely you also want to make sure that you select the proper spray tip. It is advisable that you start with a medium pressure spray pattern, adjusting it accordingly as needed. Here is what you need to do to make sure you are doing this cleaning safely.
- Wet shingles can be extremely slippery so make sure that you always stand on a dry area of the roof when spraying and cleaning your roof.
- Cover a few shingles at a time and move the pressure washer wand closer to the surface if you need more power.
- Constantly inspect for any damage that you could be causing with the power washer
- Aim the spray down the roof keeping the tip of the wand at least a foot away from the surface and never aim your roof pressure wash up the roof because it can push water under the roof shingles and cause leakage in your home.
- Wear shoes that have soft soles that are not going to become slippery when wet and cause you to slip off the roof.